org2blog is now released as alpha quality software
It is released as a tarball of:
- Org2blog itself
- Supporting package tinydb
Diffs to g-client
- g-client is by T V Raman
Diffs to org-mode
- org-mode is by Carsten Dominik, with many additions by others including myself.
To run it you'll also need:
- To patch org-mode
- To patch g-client
- Bravery (or an equivalent amount of foolhardiness)
Some short documentation is in org2blog/README.org Basically:
- Have a Blogger account
- That will give a parse error - T V tells me it's missing an external entity - but it will set up the blog posting url for your blog
- Write a blog post (which I'm doing right now)
- M-x org2blog-post
- And it will appear on Blogger, just like this did (or will).
Summary of changes to g-client
Some automatic capture of data, by only these interface functions:
- Changed gphoto-photo-add to ask for an album name from the list of albums, not an album id number.
- Added a more flexible way of getting authentication: Just customize (new variable) `g-user-auth-function'
`g-app-afterpost-hook' which should be a function taking 2 args:
- The source filename
- The remote url
- `g-app-afterpost-hook' which should be a function taking 2 args:
gphoto treats non-jpgs
- Can find them in directories
- (Forthcoming) Sends the right Content-Type for them.
- Uses (both emacs-bundled packages) `image' and `image-file' to know about image file types.
- g-load-defs.el now can be used as a symlink with my-site-start, because it knows its real location.
- Some automatic capture of data, by only these interface functions:
Added optional arguments to some interfaces
Mostly to pass storers around
- Mostly to pass storers around
Added internal variables
To hold captured data
To name new XSL scripts
To hold a buffer-local storer until g-app posts
- To hold captured data
Many commands associated with capturing data
Created some convenience functions because I found myself
Changed g-auth to use customizable variable
`g-user-auth-function' for initial authentication.
- Added g-user-default-auth-function, that variable's default value.
- Added optional arguments to some interfaces
Would have liked real test code
I would have liked to write proper test code for this.
Unfortunately, I basically need an immutable remote site to do it. I contacted Google about this but never heard back from them. That made development more difficult.